Daily Update: Stock WWE, NXT, Kosei Fujita – WON/F4W
- Wrestling Observer Live: First Post-Vince RAW, Gradual Change, Nick Wayne, More!
- Figure Four Daily: Lance Storm on Hunter and Vince, crash Ric Flair, RAW and Dynamite, more
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: MSG Pro Wrestling History Continues
- Wrestling Observer Radio: Vince McMahon, ratings, G-1 update, RAW report, more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Jobs: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress an asset. E-mail [email protected] with subject PHP DEVELOPER with CV.
F4W All Out Weekend Q&A, Meet and Greet, Pizza Night, Bus Ticket Information: https://f4wchicago2022.brownpapertickets.com/
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Bulletin:
July 25, 2022 Watcher Bulletin: Tony Khan on Future of ROH, G1 Climax 32 Begins
This week’s Retro Observer newsletter:
Order the printed Wrestling Observer now and have it delivered by courier, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to [email protected] or by going to paypal.com direct funds to [email protected]
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in all price ranges.
Tuesday news update
- WWE stock closed today at $69.39 per share, down 3.51% from yesterday. The stock is still up from where it was before Vince McMahon announced his retirement. On Monday, WWE shares rose more than eight percent. The increase was due to the belief that WWE is more likely to be sold following McMahon’s retirement.
- While Raw was advertising last night, there’s was a segment for the live crowd where Ronda Rousey defeated Doudrop and Nikki Cross and put Doudrop in an ankle lock. Before Rousey walked out, Doudrop said she was sick of not being respected and was not going to leave the ring until someone did.
- Brandon Ross of LightShed Ventures shared a behind the scenes photo of Paul “Triple H” Levesque in Madison Square Garden before last night’s show aired.
- Buddy Matthews from AEW reacted to his real girlfriend Rhea Ripley and former on-screen sweetheart Aalyah Mysterio sharing the screen together on Raw: “I’ll let them fight for my custody in a ladder match!”
- WWE announced that Zoey Stark will kick off tonight’s episode of NXT: “After nearly nine months away from the ring, Zoey Stark made a shocking return to action last Tuesday, outlasting 19 other women in a Battle Royal to win a title match Women’s NXT vs. Mandy Rose. After her whirlwind comeback, Stark will launch NXT 2.0 to address her long road to recovery and her future title opportunity against the leader of the trio that put her on the shelf. What will Stark say to the NXT universe? Check out Tuesday night on NXT 2.0 at 8/7 C in the United States!
- Indi Hartwell vs Arianna Grace was also added to tonight’s NXT.
- Parts uploaded by BT Sport a and of them from an interview Ariel Helwani conducted with Rey Mysterio.
- To promote SummerSlam, John Cena arrives in the Fortnite Item Shop July 28. The Asuka, Xavier Woods, and Undertaker skins will also be available on Fall Guys that day.
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Happy Corbin talked about facing Pat McAfee at SummerSlam: “Pat connects with people all over the world. He found success in everything he did. It shows you don’t have to be 6’7″ to do this. It gives people hope that they can succeed in life. I’m a big, salty, angry guy. At SummerSlam, I going to take all that hope and inspiration away.
- Jeff Jarrett and Dolph Ziggler will be guests on Wednesday’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- WWE YouTube channel uploaded Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins of SummerSlam 2020, AJ Styles & Omos v Viking Raiders for the Raw Tag Team titles from the July 26, 2021 episode of Raw, and Nikki ASH vs. Charlotte Flair of that same Raw episode.
- Tony Khan said in an interview with the Daily Star that the AEW roster is getting closer to full strength after the injuries they suffered: “With Bryan Danielson back on Wednesday night, we are one step closer to full strength AEW. See AEW with all of our top stars finally back in same time, that would be really exciting and I think that’s where we’re headed in. The shows are getting stronger and the roster is getting stronger and healthier every week.
- Khan told NBC Sports Boston Ten Count Wrestling Podcast that it’s not sure Stephanie McMahon and Triple H’s gaining power will make WWE more likely to do a Forbidden Door-type event with AEW: “I don’t know if it does, but i would definitely be open to talking to almost any wrestling promotion in the world about how to work together if the circumstances are right we have worked with, i would say, in terms of securing images or providing talent with probably a dozen companies around the world – including Ring of Honor before I owned it.
- Khan was asked if Vince McMahon’s retirement was good for AEW:
- I believe there are a lot of big wrestling fans all over the world who follow professional wrestling closely, and obviously there has been some upheaval. I definitely followed this promotion [WWE] since I was little, and it will be interesting to see how things develop in the world of professional wrestling.
- I’m a big pro wrestling fan everywhere, not just AEW and now not just Ring of Honor either. We work with New Japan Pro-Wrestling and many other top companies around the world. So, we’ll see what happens for the future of the pro wrestling industry, but I’m glad AEW and Ring of Honor are part of it.
- 98.5 Sports Hub struggle inside the ropes too has an interview with Khan.
- Chris Jericho spoke to TV Insider at Comic-Con.
- This week’s edition of Sammy Guevara’s vlog is now available.
- Conrad Thompson said on a Starrcast V media call today that he will give David Crockett 100% ownership of the “Jim Crockett Promotions” brand after Ric Flair’s last game. The brand is currently jointly owned by Starrcast and David Crockett.
- As a precaution, Kosei Fujita missed today’s NJPW show at Korakuen Hall and will also miss Wednesday’s event. We apologize to the fans who have been looking forward to seeing Fujita wrestle and appreciate your understanding.
- Joey Janela is the guest of the last episode Sessions with Renée Paquette.